- 1 can 29 ounces pinto beans (or 4 cups of cooked pinto beans with own broth)
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 small chipotle chile from can well drained from sauce & finely chopped
- 1 pound Eckrich Smoked Sausage , sliced 3/4 inch thick
- 1 teaspoon salt or to taste
- 1 cup bacon bits or to taste
- Heat the oil in a large stockpot over médium heat.
- Add the onion cook onion for about 2 minutes
- Add chipotle chili and stir
- Add sausage and brown carefully
- Add the beans and then the bacon bits, bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for about 10 minutes or until a little thicker.
- Garnish with Chihuahua cheese and cilantro, if desired.