Remix pizza night with these fun skewers! Familiar flavors, like Eckrich® Smoked Sausage, mozzarella and tomatoes, get a playful new look, perfect for sharing and savoring.
- HEAT grill or grill pan over medium-high heat and coat grates with oil. If using wood or bamboo skewers, soak in water for 30 minutes.
- ROLL pizza dough out on lightly floured surface to a 12”x16” rectangle and cut into 12 1”-strips.
- THREAD one end of dough onto skewer, then add sausage and tomato. Fold dough back over and thread through again, so the dough is weaving back over the sausage and tomato. Add another piece of sausage and tomato and thread dough back over. Repeat until skewer is full, and repeat with remaining skewers.
- WHISK together oil and Italian seasoning and brush over skewers.
- GRILL skewers until sausage is crisped and dough is cooked through, 10-12 minutes. During last 2 minutes of cooking, sprinkle skewers with mozzarella cheese. Remove from grill, sprinkle with fresh basil and serve with pizza sauce for dipping.