Savor the taste of our flavorful Smok-Y® Maple Breakfast Sausage in this easy-to-make crustless quiche.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line baking sheet with parchment paper and lay strips of bacon flat.
- Cook until crispy, about 20 to 25 minutes. Chop bacon into small pieces and set aside.
- Toast mustard seeds in a dry pot over medium heat until seeds are slightly browned.
- Add bacon, vinegar, onions, brown sugar and cane syrup to the pot containing mustard seeds. Cover, but stir occasionally to prevent burning. Cook for about 20 minutes at medium-high heat.
- Remove pot cover and reduce to medium heat. Cook until liquid is reduced and onions are dark in color, about 50 minutes.
- Oil grill to prepare for grilling and turn up to medium heat. Grill sausage for 12 minutes, or until sausage is heated through.
- Place smoked sausage in hot dog bun and evenly cover with marmalade.
- Onion marmalade recipe requires oven and stovetop. Keeps up to 2 weeks in the refrigerator and 3 months in the freezer.