A nice variation of spicy pinto beans made delicious with chipotle chili and bacon.
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat.
- Add onion; cook and stir 2 minutes.
- Add chili and, if desired, adobo sauce; cook and stir 1 minute.
- Add sausage; cook and stir 5 minutes.
- Drain one can of the beans.
- Add drained and undrained beans to onion mixture; simmer over medium-low heat 10 minutes or until heated through and sauce thickens.
- Stir in bacon bits. Garnish with cheese and cilantro if desired.